To promote, protect and advocate for historic resources in Forsyth County.
On Saturday May 21, Preservation Planning Partner Forsyth County Historic Resorces Commission will unveil a historic marker remembering Five Row at Reynolda House.
The marker commerates an original library branch serving the city's African American residents that opened in 1927. In 1953, Dr. H.D. Malloy, Dr. H.R. Malloy and Dr. J.C. Jordan donated land for a new library at the 7th Street location. The mission of the Heritage Center is to preserve African-American heritage, history, and culture.
The unveiling will be held at 3:00 pm at the Malloy-Jordan/East Winston Heritage Center, 1110 East 7th Street.